Why is My Evaporator Coil Freezing?
We rely on our air conditioners to keep us cool during the hot summer months, but a frozen evaporator coil can actually cause your home to heat up! Operating the air conditioner with a frozen coil can do extensive damage to the unit, leaving you without cooling. Watch for these signs of a frozen evaporator coil, and learn how to avoid this issue.
Spotting a frozen evaporator coil
The signs of a frozen evaporator coil can be easily overlooked, but it’s important to be diligent about spotting them because of the severe damage which can be caused by this issue. Always be on the lookout for these symptoms which can indicate you have a frozen evaporator coil on your hands.
- You suddenly experience poor performance from your air conditioner
- Reduced air flow from the vents and registers in your home
- Your air conditioner is constantly running
- The indoor temperature is warm and not comfortable
- More condensate drainage than normal
Keep your evaporator coil from freezing
Below are some preventative measures you can take to keep your evaporator coil from freezing up. Taking action can prevent problems and damage associated with freezing coils.
- Change your air filter on a regular basis
- Inspect your home to ensure registers are not blocked
- Schedule an annual inspection for your air conditioner
- Clean your evaporator coils
All Temp Co. can help!
If you find that your evaporator coil has frozen, turn off your air conditioner by switching your thermostat from “cool” to “off”. This will allow your evaporator coils to start thawing. After you do this, contact All Temp Co. for assistance. Our knowledgeable technicians will get to the bottom of the issues causing your coil to freeze up, which can range from component malfunctions to air flow problems. We’ll identify the problem and provide repair solutions which will keep your evaporator coil and your air conditioner, working properly.Tags: AC System, Air Conditioner, air conditioning, charlotte, cooling, Ductless, Ductless AC, evaporator coil, frozen, frozen evaporator coil, harrisburg, heating, HVAC, north carolina