Furnace Tips for the Holidays
Is your heating system ready for winter? With the holidays upon us, you’re likely busy planning dinner parties, buying gifts for your loved ones, and decorating your house with lights. We understand the stress that this time of year brings, but we want to help you have a more relaxing holiday season. Here are four furnace tips for the holidays:
1. Move Flammable Objects Away From Your Heating System
Whether it’s boxes of decorations, piles of blankets, or stacks of presents, things are always piling up around the holiday season. You need to ensure that these items are not too close to your HVAC system. Otherwise, you could increase the risk of fire. This is especially important with pets or children running around the house.
2. Replace the Air Filter in Your Home’s Heating System
Changing your HVAC system’s air filters helps ensure that you maintain good indoor air quality in your house. This means you can be worry-free if relatives or friends with allergies come over. If your air filter hasn’t been replaced in the last month or so, now is the time to take care of it.
3. Schedule Your Annual HVAC System Maintenance
Have you scheduled your yearly HVAC system maintenance yet? You may shrug off this task, but preventative maintenance is more important than you think. The purpose of preventative maintenance is to keep your HVAC system up and running all season long with no surprise breakdowns.
4. Clear the Side Vent Outside of Your Property
Experts say it’s also important to clear the vents outside of your property after a snowstorm. No matter what kind of furnace you have, you should keep outdoor vents clear of snow to keep the air flowing and prevent a furnace failure.
Need help getting your home ready for the holidays? Call All Temp Co., Inc. right now to schedule an appointment with an expert technician in Harrisburg, NC.
- Helpful Hints To Saving Energy In Your Older Harrisburg Home
- What’s New With Programmable Thermostats For Your Harrisburg Home
- The Incredible Benefits of an Energy Efficient Home in Harrisburg
- Savings Benefits of New AC Installation in Cornelius
- Top 4 Air Conditioning Repairs in Huntersville