Furnace Tune-Up? Check. Now Make Sure You Change Air Filters Regularly
You must be sure to maintain your heating and air system, especially during heavy use in the winter and summer seasons. Changing your furnace filter regularly is an important part of standard maintenance. Furnace filters lose their efficiency as they get dirty. A dirty filter will slow down airflow and make your system work harder to heat or cool your house.
Keep these filter maintenance tips in mind to keep the entire system running efficiently:
- Check your system filter every month, especially in months of heavier use.
- Change the furnace filter at even intervals. Most filters should be changed every three months at a minimum. Check the manufacturer’s instructions to be sure.
- Be sure you’re using the appropriate filter for the furnace you have by checking the manufacturer’s instructions.
- When buying furnace filters, make sure you’re getting the highest efficiency filters available for your furnace.
There are different types of filters to consider when it’s time to replace yours, including:
- Panel filters
- Washable and reusable filters
- Pleated filters
- High efficiency pleated filters
- High efficiency particulate air filters (HEPA)
- Electronic air cleaners
Changing your filter regularly and using the best quality available for your furnace is also better for your health. Breathing in the many particles that develop in your home can cause eye irritation and respiratory problems.
For more information about what furnace filter is right for your system, or for other home comfort concerns, contact All Temp Co., Inc. Air Conditioning & Heating. Our team of HVAC professionals has been serving homeowners in and around Charlotte, Harrisburg and surrounding areas for more than 28 years.