Shopping For a New Air Conditioner or Heater? Keep These Tips in Mind!
Chances are, if you’re shopping for a new air condition or heating system, it’s been a while since you’ve done this before – if at all. Systems can last from 12-20 years, so you’ll likely only have to shop for a few in your lifetime. Each year, HVAC systems advance, so it’s important to keep these tips in mind while shopping for a new system:
- Look for efficiency. Models with high efficiency will cost more initially, but will save you much more in the long run. High-efficiency models have an Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) of 90 or above.
- Look for additional efficiency boosting features, such as dual heat exchange and variable speed blowers.
- Choose an appropriate size. The furnace should be large enough to heat your entire home, but no need to buy one too large.
- Consider a duct evaluation when installing a new HVAC system. Evaluation can spot air leaks and heat loss.
- Be sure to choose the same fuel type as your last HVAC system (for example, if you had a gas furnace, buy another gas furnace). If you choose another type of fuel, you’ll need different connections and supplies.
To discuss tips for buying a new HVAC system, call All Temp at 704-413-2300.
Tags: AC Installation, Commerical HVAC, Heating Installation, HVAC