Thinking About an A/C Replacement? Some Reasons You Should Go Ahead
Are you having a hard time deciding whether to go through with that A/C replacement? Here’s a look at what you stand to gain by upgrading your system now.
An A/C replacement will pay you back
When your equipment reaches retirement—typically after about 12 years of service—or repair costs are really adding up, a replacement is in order. But even if your system still has a few years of lift left, you may want to consider upgrading in order to enjoy these perks:
- Lower utility bills — New air conditioners are required to be manufactured with higher seasonal energy efficiency ratio (SEER) ratings than those on the market even a few years ago. This translates to significant savings.
- Enhanced comfort — Today’s cooling systems promote higher levels of home comfort. This is accomplished through better and more efficient cooling, improvements to the consistency of the airflow, and better humidity control.
- Better air quality — When your A/C is better able to handle humidity, your home is at less of a risk for mold and mildew growth. This can help prevent health problems.
- Dependable cooling — Don’t worry about your air conditioner breaking down in the middle of the summer. Purchasing a new air conditioner now offers the peace of mind that your system will operate when you need it.
- Warranty assurance — By upgrading your equipment, you’ll enjoy warranty protection. Even if you only replace one component of your split-system A/C with a compatible dry-charged unit, you’ll receive at least some level of coverage.
- Eco-friendly refrigerant — Your current cooling equipment probably uses R-22 refrigerant. Out of environmental concerns, this agent is being phased out in favor of non-ozone depleting R410-A refrigerant.
- Tax credits — Homeowners who upgrade to energy-efficient HVAC systems in 2013 may be eligible to earn up to $500 in federal tax credits. By working with your contractor, you can purchase qualifying systems and save big.
For advice on selecting an A/C replacement, contact the professionals at All Temp. We’re proud to serve residents of the greater Charlotte and Harrisburg areas.